Haverhill Fire Fighter’s Relief Fund
As I strive to fulfill our mission statement, I believe we need to support our first responders as well as the needy, the indigent and the underserved in our communities. A safer community is a connected one where all feel they matter equally. In gratitude for their efforts in regaining a heartbeat which resulted in Eammon qualifying for organ donation I have chosen to make the Haverhill Fire Fighters Relief Fund one of our beneficiaries on a yearly basis for as long as I can. They are still dressing up and showing up, Thank you for your service. It’s a big part of why I have been able to move forward – knowing my son is powering other people through their lives. That he gave others a second chance at a renewed future and life.
Our first responders across the board need just as much support in their jobs as the people they help. We realize how hard a task it is. This year I would like to increase our donation and research other ways to support all first responder organizations. First responders are a crucial part of this epidemic and it takes a toll. I only deal with one really, but they have many more ghosts than I on a much grander scale.
The Birthday Boy!
Community, connectivity, caring, helping, safer communities.
I can’t imagine NOT buying a birthday cake on this day – I did for 30 years! June 16th is the single, most important day of my life – bar none. It’s the day that changed everything for me in a positive way. I will miss him forever. But I can continue his memory by helping others have a good day, help them feel connected and with the purchase of the entire day of cakes from one of our local small business bakeries add community support and engagement there as well. This year’s small business; The Bakers Rack!
Attached will be a little birthday note:
“I hope you will accept this small, humble gift in the spirit of light and love in which it is given. It is in honor of my son, whose birthday it is today but who I lost in 2019 and it is in loving memory of the 31 years of joy and happy he gave me. I was lucky to have known him. He was my heart and the best pink cheeked little boy …
I just had to buy a cake for someone today, I couldn’t imagine a better way to channel him than to imagine the secret smile on his face. He loved to make us all smile…
It comes with my fondest wishes for blue skies and gentle breezes on your special day. A day full of family, love, hugs, memory making and dreams come true!
There will be much fun and laughter and good tidings and good will this day! Instead of just one celebration he will have many! I can be a little more at peace knowing that his memory brought light to someone’s day! It’s about life and the living now.
- MakeIT Haverhill – is a partnership between Community Action, Inc. [a Haverhill (MA) 501(c)(3) non-profit] and Urban Kindness [the Haverhill (MA) Mt Washington Neighborhood Group] developing a “Collaborative Makerspace” for the Mt Washington Community and Haverhill.
- Leaving the Streets Ministry – Leaving the Streets Ministry is a youth re-entry center based in Haverhill, MA that exists to help our youth find better avenues that lead to a brighter future. We want to give these kids hope so that they won’t end up becoming a school dropout statistic or choose a life of gangs, drugs, and prison.
- Coco Brown – In our work we seek to move the needle in the following areas: Cultural identity eliminating racism, economic mobility, educational equity, early exposure to writing, reading, music, arts, science and math; whole-person healing (mind-body-soul), positive health outcomes, healthy food options, entrepreneurship, place-making, social equity, intergenerational wealth.
- YMCA –
- Boys and Girls, To enable all young people, especially those who need us most, to reach their full potential as productive, caring, responsible citizens.
- Girls Inc.- In partnership with schools and at Girls Inc. centers, we focus on the development of the whole girl. She learns to value herself, take risks, and discover and develop her inherent strengths.
- Creative Haverhill –To support Haverhill arts and culture, providing experiences and access at the intersection of art, culture, and community and to develop high-quality spaces as platforms for community and cultural expression.
- Cogswell Art Space – Take a forgotten building and bring it back to life. Fill it with children, adults, and lots of creativity. Create spaces to show the artistic talents of our community, to inspire new artists, to educate, to see our neighbors, and to make new friends.
- Be Imagine Music – We will help you be what you imagine
- DeAngelis – build confidence and self esteem with music
- Steve Lyons Fund –
- MVPSAP – end the stigma of addiction. he Merrimack Valley Prevention and Substance Abuse Project is committed to engaging public and private community members to work together promoting awareness, education, prevention and treatment of substance use in our communities. Together we will make a difference.
- ACAT+ – Academy of creative arts and theater at Trinity
- Trade scholarships
- New England Donor services
Organ Donation campaign/partner with the exchange club and New England Donor Services/RMV